Halloween is officially over which means I can now listen to Christmas music without shame (and if you still think it’s too early I’m sorry but it’s who I am and I can’t change)!!! One of the best things about the holidays is of course the food! My momma’s Chex mix is one of my all-time favorites, just the smell floods my mind with all kinds of childhood memories! Seriously no summer or holiday season was without this Chex Mix y’all, it’s a family favorite that I hope to pass along with my kids one day!
This Chex™ Mix recipe is actually just an adaption of the original but it is SO much better! I’m really not sure what makes it taste so amazing but it is the best I have ever or will ever eat! This was my first time making it on my own and I knew I had to share it with you all. This recipe is one where things don’t need to be exact but more of a little of this, a little of that!
Even Lady tried to steal a bite!
- 4 heaping cups of Corn Chex™
- 4 heaping cups of Rice Chex™
- 1 cup mixed nuts plus extra cashews
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup Cheese its
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 overflowing tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ heaping teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Turn oven on to 250˚
- Place butter in the bottom of a roasting pan and place in oven to let melt
- Once melted add in seasonings and Worcestershire sauce and mix well
- Next quickly add in the Chex, nuts, pretzels, and Cheese its and mix well (if you don’t move quickly whatever is on the bottom will begin to absorb the butter mixture instead of it evenly coating everything)
- Once it is mixed well cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
- Lay out paper towels on your counter and when the mix is done cooking scoop out onto the paper towels until completely cooled
You’ll want everything to be in one pan. The roasting pan
(with racks removed) is the perfect size verse a traditional baking sheet!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try and that maybe you’ll love it as much as my family does! Cheers to the holidays!
See the other wonderful bloggers I’m linking up with by clicking here!