I LOVE almond, I mean I really love it. I’ll let you in on a weird secret I have: sometimes I randomly go to the cabinet, get out the almond extract, and just smell it, because it smells so dadgum good! Give me all the strange looks you want, that scent is heavenly!
So naturally I love these almond cookies!
Here’s a few tips on them:
1. These taste better after several hours, straight out of the oven there doesn’t seem to be much flavor. So if you eat one as soon as they come out and taste bland I warned you, I’m not sure why that is but check back in a few hours or even a day and I promise they’ll be so good!
2. Let these cool before rolling in the powdered sugar or else the powdered sugar will melt and you’ll have a big sticky (but delicious) mess.
3. You’ll want to add the ingredients as they are listed, it makes it easier to mix (just trust me).
4. You’ll have to mix part of it with your hands like momma did here. This is because there are no “wet” ingredients in the recipe.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together (you'll want to use your hands to get it thoroughly mixed)
- Drop by the spoonful onto cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Let cool then roll in more powered sugar
I hope you enjoy these almond cookies as much as I do!
Until next time!